Howdy. I'm Michael Donaldson.
I'm a constultant for the music industry, working with emerging artists and labels. I also manage a label of my own, named 8D Industries, and publish + license music under 8DSync. Sometimes I'm a Q-Burns Abstract Message. But mostly I'm just trying to keep these damn cats out of my office.
I like to send postcards to my friends, and if you'd like I'll send one to you.
Oh, and here's what I'm working on now.
- The Global Reach of Afrobeats
- Merzbow Inspires Podcast Reflections
- A Human’s Guide to Emailing Record Labels
- Viral Dinosaur
- Spotify’s Podcast Ambitions Are Clear
- A.I., Writer’s Block
- Make Way for the Virtual Dance Floor
- Spotify Strenghtens Podcast Hopes with Gimlet Media
- SoundCloud’s Rebirth
- The Politics of Nostalgia
- The Potential of a Podcast Platform
- Don’t Fear the Music Robots
- We Would Call That a Demon
- Clean Socks and the Touring Musician
- Blocked on Spotify: The Public Has Spoken
- A Mural Made Famous by Daniel Johnston
- Vinyl’s Rise in Defiance of the Intangible
- Word of the Day: Chimping
- Digging Your Scene
- The Digital Evolution of Bootleg Culture