- I’ve loved all these bands since around the time these shows were happening in the distance and this film somehow made me love them all a little bit more.
- Bruce Licher’s been on fire for such a long time with his screenprinting and design. I’d love to have one of those tickets in a small frame.
- Funny that the SRL guys come off here as some pre-Jackass bros with explosives.
- I didn’t expect that the Minutemen were the heart and soul of Desolation Center (the organization and this movie). I knew the final part about D. Boon was coming but it still hit me like a ton of bricks.
- The ‘festivals are huge nowadays’ montage at the end seemed unnecessarily tacked-on, but, overall, this movie is a really important document of the crafty independent music scenius in the US that grew out of Reagan’s ’80s.
Desolation Center is streaming now via Kanopy and available as a digital rental in the usual places.